Pasta with eggs and red-devil sauce
Its no doubt that salad goes well with any meal. chicken bacon ranch pasta, balsamic dressing and barbecue cubes salad recipes are delicious, easy and quick to prepare. Below are the 3 recipes for you to try at home:
Baja Chicken Pasta Salad
3/4 pound chicken breast
6 ounces dried mixed fruit
1 cup ring macaroni or orzo – raw
1 cup Jicama – cubed
2 Green Onions/Tops – Sliced
1/2 cup Mayonnaise or Salad dressing
2 tablespoons sour cream or plain yogurt
1 teaspoon red chili’s – Ground
1/4 teaspoon salt
Notes: The chicken breast should be boneless, skinless and weigh about 3/4. You should use 1 6-oz package of diced mixed fruit.
- Heat enough salted water to cover the chicken breast (1/4 tsp salt to 1 cup of water) to boiling in a 4 quart Dutch oven.
- Add the chicken breast.
- Cover and heat to boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is done, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon.
- Heat the water to boiling and add the fruit and ring macaroni or orzo gradually so that the water continues to boil. – Boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, just until the ring macaroni is tender, about 6 to 8 minutes or 10 minutes for the orzo, then drain.
- Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch pieces and mix with the fruit, macaroni, jicama and onions.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and toss with the chicken mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
3/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
3 teaspoons Capers
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons Dried basil
1 tablespoon Fresh parsley – chopped (opt)
- Combine the ingredients.
- Adjust vinegar to taste, since it has a strong flavor.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Makes about 1 cup.
Note: If you don’t have balsamic vinegar, you may substitute another kind. But, if this be the case, start with water and vinegar in equal proportions.
3 ounces lemon jell-O (1 Pkg.)
3/4 cup – boiling water
8 ounces tomato sauce (1 can)
1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt pepper
1 tablespoon horseradish
- Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water.
- Mix all other ingredients, and when Jell-O is at room temperature, add and mix well.
- Pour into oiled 8-inch square pan.
- Chill until firm. Cut into cubes and serve salad to go with your barbecue.
1/2 tablespoons salad oil
1 (8-ounce) package mezzani
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage or parsley 10 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
Bring 2 quarts heavily salted water to boil; add salad oil. Add mezzani slowly; cook 14 to 16 minutes, to desired doneness. Drain; place in serving dish. Add olive oil; toss lightly. Sprinkle with sage.
Cut eggs in half lengthwise; place in shallow serving dish. Pour hot sauce over eggs; serve over mezzanine. Yield 4 to 6 servings.
pasta with eggs and red-devil sauce
1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
‘/a teaspoon white pepper
1 clove garlic, sliced
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup beef consomme
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
Combine vinegar, mustard, paprika, white pepper, garlic, salt, bay leaves, and cayenne pepper in saucepan. Boil until mixture is reduced by half. Strain through fine sieve. Return to saucepan; add consomme, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato sauce. Simmer 8 minutes; keep warm. Yield about 23/4 cups.